So I had this conversation with a friend about a week ago and as I've been reflecting on it, I've come to a conclusion: I don't know really know myself as well as I should. I've been through a lot of changes in the last few years and I think I've tried to just substitute those changes into my understanding of my previous self. I think I need to re-investigate who I am today. Get to know adult-Courtney as who I actually am now and not just as the transition from who I was.
So far, here is what I know:
1. I am a child of God.
2. If #1 is all I ever really know about myself, that will be enough. This is not an identity-crisis that I'm having (been there, done that). Just a desire for wisdom and understanding.
3. I like odd numbers, but I like for things to be even. Also, I have a thing for the number 3.
4. I don't like wearing athletic socks. I like my socks to be softer, taller, and more fun. Sometimes I like for them to have holes for each toe, but not always.
5. I'm obsessed with low-numbered highways. Loop 1 is one of my favorite things about Austin. It's also one of my least favorite things about Austin.
6. I have a really morbid fascination with songs about car crashes. Here are three:
8. Fancy mixed drinks are not as good as I want them to be 95% of the time.
9. I never know if I'm using nit-picky grammar rules correctly and that makes me uncomfortable.
10. I experience low-grade anxiety if I leave home without my phone, my external hard drive, and a water bottle.
11. As much of a night-person as I am, I do kind of enjoy being up, out, and about during the daylight.
12. My days are better when I have coffee in the morning. (I like the number 12, even if it is even)